Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Autocomplete

This morning, Clare went swimming at the local leisure centre. I accompanied her for the walk and to take the air. While she was leisurely floating and breast-stroking her way up and down the lanes, I sat in the cafeteria, sipping a mocha and writing this blog post.

Naturally, Google knew where I was and what I was doing. As I opened a new file in Google Docs and began to tap, the keyboard autocomplete function began to suggest words.

Typing on the phone, one finger tapping, sounds slow .. but I find it restful. The thing is, Google's AI is incredibly well-informed (2,821 of my blog posts available for data mining) and its predictive abilities are .. well, awesome.

So much so that I only wrote the first five words of this post. Everything else was just me tapping on Google autocomplete.

---

© Nigel Seel. June 2018.

---

Back to Stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Keep it polite and no gratuitous links to your business website - we're not a billboard here.