Saturday, June 30, 2018

The Huawei Honor 10 (mobile phone)

From the Amazon site:
"With a 19:9 Inch FHD+ all screen display, 4 GB RAM plus 128 GB ROM, enhanced dual camera, super charge and the Android 8 software. Honor 10 is also powered by an AI processor boosting the performance to the higher level in market.

Honor 10 will be the AI phone with its stunning design and photo capabilities."
Naturally, I couldn't resist the 'AI phone'.

Honor 10: Amazon link

So the Honor 6X, bought thirteen months ago, has undergone accelerated depreciation and now transfers to Alex where it will replace his previous hand-me-down, a cracked-screen Galaxy S3. Call me altruistic.

---

The Honor 10 doesn't need an SD card (I had to buy a 64GB card for the 6X) because of its 128GB internal storage. It also uses the new Type-C USB power cable with a high-power Supercharger, which makes it incompatible with all my other phone chargers.

Other than that and the usual security/authentication hurdles, Google restored my apps and data and I just have to sit down now for an hour and reconstruct my screen app-layout, my favourite settings and re-login to all my apps.

I also want to know just how smart its built-in AI is (it's currently contextually-improving image quality for the camera - reviewers say it could in future do so much more).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Keep it polite and no gratuitous links to your business website - we're not a billboard here.