The Ritual's first outing is today, by the way. If you're keen you'd better rush to hit the shops for that orange candle stub. I somehow feel the baby carrot just won't cut it.
From here via Charles Stross.
A Spell to Bind Donald Trump and All Those Who Abet Him (version 2.0)
To be performed at midnight on every waning crescent moon until he is removed from office. The first ritual takes place Friday evening, February 24th, at the stroke of midnight. This binding spell is open source, and may be modified to fit your preferred spiritual practice or magical system — the critical elements are the simultaneity of the working (midnight, EST—DC, Mar-a-Lago, and Trump Tower NYC time) and the mass energy of participants. ...
Some lodges/covens are doing a variation of this as a group working, while a number of solitary practitioners are planning to connect and live-stream via Facebook, Twitter, and other social media.
- Unflattering photo of Trump (small)
- Tower tarot card (from any deck)
- Tiny stub of an orange candle (cheap via Amazon)
- Pin or small nail (to inscribe candle)
- White candle (any size), representing the element of Fire
- Small bowl of water, representing elemental Water
- Small bowl of salt, representing elemental Earth
- Feather (any), representing the element of Air
- Matches or lighter
- Ashtray or dish of sand
- Piece of pyrite (fool’s gold)
- Black thread (for traditional binding variant)
- Baby carrot (as substitute for orange candle stub)
- Write “Donald J. Trump” on the orange candle stub with a pin or nail
- Arrange other items in a pleasing circle in front of you
- Lean the Tower card against something so that it’s standing up (vertically)
- Say a prayer for protection and invoke blessing from your preferred spirit or deity. Reading the 23rd Psalm aloud is common in Hoodoo/Conjure/Rootwork traditions. Experienced magicians may perform an appropriate banishing ritual.
RITUAL (v. 2.1)
(Light white candle)
Hear me, oh spirits
Of Water, Earth, Fire, and Air
Demons of the infernal realms
And spirits of the ancestors
(Light inscribed orange candle stub)
I call upon you
Donald J. Trump
So that he may fail utterly
That he may do no harm
To any human soul
Nor any tree
Bind him so that he shall not break our polity
Usurp our liberty
Or fill our minds with hate, confusion, fear, or despair
And bind, too,
All those who enable his wickedness
And those whose mouths speak his poisonous lies
I beseech thee, spirits, bind all of them
As with chains of iron
Bind their malicious tongues
Strike down their towers of vanity
(Invert Tower tarot card)
I beseech thee in my name
(Say your full name)
In the name of all who walk
Crawl, swim, or fly
Of all the trees, the forests,
Rivers and seas
In the name of Justice
Bind them in chains
Bind their tongues
Bind their works
Bind their wickedness
(Light the small photo of Trump from the flame of the orange candle stub and hold carefully above the ashtray)
(Speak the following loudly and with increasing passion as the photo burns to ashes)
So mote it be!
So mote it be!
So mote it be!
(Blow out orange candle, visualizing Trump blowing apart into dust or ash)
(Pinch or snuff out the white candle, ending the ritual)
In a spirit of ecumenicalism or something, I imagine that you could replace Trump in this ritual with any other celebrity you have a problem with. Bono, .. or Shami Chakrabarti, for example.