Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Evolution in action

I was brought out of sleep this morning by a numb right arm - I had been lying on it.

I lay on my back. This time there were no pins and needles, it felt like a cold blood transfusion suffusing my arm. Slowly I regained feeling.

I thought of all my ancestors who, through mutation or a poor hand in recombination, had lacked the mechanism to wake them up when blood supply was cut off.

All those ancestors who awoke with dead limbs, shortly to die of gangrene, leaving no descendants.

Evolution in action.

---

Is that how they explain evolution to kids in school, do you think?

I think the boys might like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Keep it polite and no gratuitous links to your business website - we're not a billboard here.