Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Hung Parliament

So convenient. I already heard on BBC News the reported remark from a senior Tory: 'Now we can get rid of all those bits of the Manifesto we didn't like and blame it on the Liberals!'

Somewhere within the centrist chez-Cameron Tories plus the Liberals minus their tree-hugging socks-and-sandals brigade must lie the nirvana of an electable modernised Conservative Party.

Surely this is Mr Cameron's Clause Four moment.

---

Over this last week I have had a horrid cold. As my throat ached and energy leached from my coughing body, with bleary hate-filled eyes I reviewed everyone who might have infected me. Luckily for them no likely candidate came to mind. I am now in the final stages of nose-running deafness and an immune system which is as battered as the country's deficit.

---

Is anything happening in Physics? Come on, we all paid the money, what is that Large Hadron Collider doing with all of Geneva's electricity?