Sunday, December 27, 2009

Oh Reading ...

I walked to the local garage this morning around 8.30 a.m. to pick up the Sunday paper. As I passed our car in its parking bay, I noticed that its neighbour (pictured) had had its rear window stoved in overnight. Reading, huh!


Most of today has been taken up with driving to the Plantation House hotel in Devon, just to the east of Plymouth. My mother, Clare and myself are here for a three night break.

There are good things and bad things. The good things include the friendly proprietor, Richard, the comfortable rooms and the free WiFi which brings you these words.

The bad things include terrible mobile phone reception and a TV set in our room which complains it's getting no signal. I have to say that my mother's TV in her room downstairs is working just fine.

Tomorrow we plan to visit some seaside towns. Tuesday is reserved for a trip to the Eden centre with my brother and his family.