Monday, December 26, 2022

A short Led Zeppelin playlist

Nigel's Led Zeppelin playlist

There wasn't quite room in the screengrab to show "Thank You" and "Dancing Days" - which complete my current list to eight tracks - a personal album's worth. 

One additional song I love is "Rock and Roll" which, IMHO, is best showcased by the contemporary Robert Plant - usually with glamorous assistance, as in the video below.

The original nineteen seventies Led Zeppelin performances now look hurried and throwaway; in the hands of a mature Robert Plant the song has deepened to become nostalgic and mischievous.

I will add it to my playlist.

---

Robert Plant ft. Imelda May - Rock And Roll (Later with Jools Holland)

Here are the lyrics:
It's been a long time since I rock and rolled
It's been a long time since I did the stroll
Ooh let me get it back, let me get it back
Let me get it back, baby, where I come from

It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time
Yes, it has
It's been a long time since the book of love
I can't count the tears of a life with no love
Carry me back, carry me back
Carry me back, baby, where I come from, whoa-oh-oh

It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Oh seems so long since we walked in the moonlight
Making vows that just can't work right, oh yeah
Open your arms, opens your arms
Open your arms, baby, let love come running in, yeah
It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Yeah-hey, yeah-hey, yeah-hey, yeah-hey

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
It's been a long time, been a long time
Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.

I do like the impish look of glee on Robert Plant's face as he sings: "Open your arms...". 

---

My previous Led Zeppelin post celebrated the massively underrated "The Rover".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Keep it polite and no gratuitous links to your business website - we're not a billboard here.