Friday, August 07, 2026

Gemini unlocks my inner Eric Clapton


Here is the prompt:

"Can you produce a short video in which I am playing my Sire S3 strat in an Eric Clapton style, with an audio track which resembles Clapton's solo on Sunshine of Your Love?"

The supplied image was this.

It's amusing. I think I can produce that kind of guitar lick: no doubt I will upload something in a month or so. But the movements and facial expressions? It's not very me.

I think Gemini noticed my slight physical resemblance to the mature Eric Clapton and simply melded his stage performance onto my phenotype. It's a lesson as to how much stagecraft there is in performance, how much theatricality. That staged euphoria is also there for classical performers.

Eric Clapton learned this as he went along: in the Yardbirds and Cream he mostly stood around looking at the microphone, or vaguely at the audience, or his guitar. It was only later that he learned how to project the mystique of emotional engagement, orchestrating and amplifying the empathy of his audience.

Also, the guitar has mysteriously changed colour a little, and you may notice that the guitar is not actually plugged into an amp. Still, I take it to be aspirational.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Keep it polite and no gratuitous links to your business website - we're not a billboard here.