Friday, November 04, 2005

Welcome to the Blog. I was completely in two minds about doing this - it seems so jumping on the bandwagon, so naff really. Here is how I convinced myself: I just need to know how this stuff works, so it's kind of a trial, right?

There, I feel better about it already.

Hot news - Chapter 10 of the book - at http://www.interweave-consulting.com/h/Book.html was uploaded today. I look at the main P2P file sharing programs - Napster, Gnutella, BitTorrent and Freenet and describe how each of them work.

The chapter starts with a short drama piece about the trial of the creator of a Freenet-like system, Rete Populi. It's used to hit home points about the ethics of these kind of systems, which are genuinely worrisome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Keep it polite and no gratuitous links to your business website - we're not a billboard here.