Monday, November 23, 2020

Adam Carlton's Blog

It's a nondescript, blowy day here in Popincourt, the 11th arrondissement of Paris. Looking west from my cheap, cramped apartment I can just make out the workmen on Notre Dame, toiling to Macron's hyper-schedule.

Nigel may be en retraite from here on out but I am busier than ever. As well as my day-job (we won't be going there) my party activities are massively impacted by those wretched attestations. No wonder I haven't found much time for writing: either on Booksie or here.

So I plan to post the occasional piece. The focus will shift more to literature - and in this spirit I have added Michelle Podsiedlik to the blog sidebar (on the web-view). I was led to Michelle by her masterly notes on John Fowles' "The Magus", a novel I recently completed while shaking my head in awe.

Michelle is a little moralistic to my taste but always interesting.

My next post will indeed be on "The Magus".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Keep it polite and no gratuitous links to your business website - we're not a billboard here.