Friday, June 01, 2018

Diary: tap happy

Only thematically connected to the episode recounted below

We were inspecting our bank account (on the app) a minute ago. Clare points to a line-item,  £17 spent at Superdrug.

"That was me!"

She had spotted a bargain in electric toothbrush heads but didn't have the cash on hand. So for the very first time she paid contactlessly.

"So you're no longer a contactless virgin?"

"I felt a bit self-conscious."

"Well, I hope you didn't waste their time. They wouldn't have noticed, you know."

Indignantly: "I wasn't faffing around!"

"You know you don't have to actually touch the card. That's considered rather naff. The correct etiquette is to wave the card about half a centimetre from the device. The clue is in the name."

"I might shop there again."

"You mean, now you've discovered your card?"

Indignantly: "I'm not tap-happy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Keep it polite and no gratuitous links to your business website - we're not a billboard here.